Hi everyone! I’m posting today on the Memory Box blog HERE. It’s time for the Spring 2015 Release Blog Blitz! It started on Monday and goes through Friday. Comment on the blog posts there for chances to win!
For my card today, I die cut one of the corners from the NEW Open Studio Distressed Windham Collage die set twice. Once in the upper left corner and then again in the bottom right corner of a 4 in. x 5 1/4 in. piece of parchment card-stock. I distressed the edges with a Tim Holtz paper distresser tool. Then I inked most of the piece with Gathered Twigs Distress ink and a mini round ink blending tool. I spattered with Walnut ink and Metallic Gold spray ink.
I die cut the English Rose Bouquet die in Parchment card-stock and colored it with Copic Sketch markers. The flowers are the RV 90 series and the leaves are the BG 90 series.
I hope I can explain what I did without it being confusing. Here goes…
* I leave the rose cut in the die after I cut it, this is one time I hope the pieces stick in the die (if any of the pieces come out I stick them back in the die)
* With the wide yellow frog tape (painters tape), I put pieces of the tape over the die cut card-stock I left in the die (tape goes adhesive down on the wrong side of the card-stock and extends over the edges)
* Now I remove the die cut from the die and all the pieces stick to the frog tape
* Take the outline part of the die off the tape and color it
* The flower petals I left on the frog tape and colored
I know, this is getting long…do you want me to carry on?! : ) ok!
* After coloring lay your outline die cut wrong side up and put mounting squares all over it in strategic places so they will be overlapping all the lines. I cut mounting squares in half for this and yes, it takes a lot but it’s worth it!
* Now turn your colored outline die cut right side up and you’re ready to place all the colored petals into the rose outline. The rose petals will all stick to the mounting squares. YES!
* Add mounting squares to your leaves and place it on the background piece
* Add mounting squares to the background piece and place it on an A2 Juniper notecard
Here’s the inside!
I die cut the NEW Pennington Rose Border die in Juniper card-stock, glued it to the top and stamped the words, happy birthday from the NEW Party Time stamp set.
Lots of NEW stamps! Clear sets, wood mounted and cling! YAY! HERE
It’s been a lovely Spring so far in Iowa! I love this cooler but not cold weather! I just got a new bike! So excited! Now to get the sound fixed on my computer… ugh…but how can I go without it?! I know, a video would’ve been a whole lot easier than explaining this card! lol
Happy Wednesday! TTYL!