What you’ll need to make this at home right on your living room floor!
- 1/2 inch PVC pipe approx. $4 (cut with a pipe cutter for NO mess)
- 4 T’s for 1/2 inch PVC pipe 50¢ to 60¢ each
- 4 elbows for 1/2 inch PVC pipe 50¢ to 60¢ each
- 4 caps for 1/2 inch PVC pipe 45¢ each
- 4 one inch pieces of pipe to connect the elbows to the T’s
- piece of shower curtain or some type of fabric to act as a diffuser, cut to fit over the pipe set up
- 2 clamp on light fixtures (mine are Bayco Super Tite Grip from Walmart in the hardware dept) approx. $8 each
- 2 light bulbs (mine are GE 6500K Daylight 26w from Walmart) approx. $5
For the large size tent cut the following
- 4, 15 in pieces of the 1/2 in. PVC pipe for the legs
- 4, 12 in pieces of the 1/2 in. PVC pipe for the top
- 4 short pieces (an inch or so) for connecting the elbows to the T’s
I LOVE that it folds up for sticking out of sight! yea!
Move your lights around until you’re happy with your photo. I still load my pictures into iPhoto and adjust the white balance, sharpen, etc. I take the photos of my cards with a Canon DSLR camera.
edited Nov. 22, 2012
Here’s a photo of how I have my lights now…
Holler if you have any questions…Hope this helps you avoid some of the frustrations I’ve had learning to take pictures of cards!
Camera I use for videos…